7.29.2012

The 1st Month



Bailey is still breathing and growing....which means we survived the 1st month!!




I am not going to lie, being a mom is tough. Week 2 was the hardest week of my life. If it wasn't for my mother, I probably would have put a stamp on Bailey's booty and stuck her in the mailbox.  Crazy hormones mixed with lack of sleep is a dangerous combo. I started to understand why some mothers have done some of the crazy things they have done...of coarse, I would never hurt my child...I spent 9 months growing this little human, and I went through labor, so of coarse this stubborn momma was determined to conquer this motherhood thing.

My thoughts about the last 4 weeks:

A.  Its ok to have 2nd thoughts about being a mommy....However, when you get a glimpse of your child's smile.... It makes it all worth it. Even if the 1st month's smiles are involuntary...it still melts your heart every time.



B. You will go to Target and Babies R Us a thousand times and realize what you registered for was not what you really needed!

C. You will get excited about poopy diapers.

D. You can survive on 5 hours of interrupted sleep.

E.  Do not google things about your baby. My mom's best advice,  "Whatever Bailey does is normal because that is Bailey's way to do it!" 

F. I'm glad I married a man who can survive on very little sleep.

Everyday we learn something new, and everyday something changes. Something that worked on previous days, doesn't always work on other days, and things that didn't work on some days seem to work on other days.


As for Holmes....He is getting bigger. When we feed Bailey at night, he cries until we feed him. But he loves Bailey and is always near her.







No comments:

Post a Comment